ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS ARENA
Entertainment & Sports Arena features world-class amenities with a viewing experience to match right in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Ward 8.
Home to the WNBA's Washington Mystics and NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go since 2018, ESA already has a special place in D.C. sports fans’ hearts. The intimate feel of the 4,200 seat building has created an intimidating home court advantage. With seats so close to the action there isn’t a better arena in the NBA G League to watch a game.
Come join us in Congress Heights for unmatched, up-close basketball experience. We can’t wait to see you at ESA. Please take a moment to review ESA’s new health and safety protocols designed to keep fans, guest, employees, players and performers safe.
NO BAG POLICY IN EFFECT
In accordance with new safety and security guidelines, bags, backpacks and purses will not be permitted inside Entertainment & Sports Arena effective May 1, 2021.
Wallet-size clutches no larger than 5” x 7”, medical bags or parenting/diaper bags no larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″ are permitted. Any medical or parenting bags (child must be present) that are exempted are subject to security screening.
Due to COVD-19 protocols, there are no bag checks or bag storage locations available to the public at Entertainment & Sports Arena.
Guests who require entry with medical/parenting bag should plan to arrive early to allow time to go through the additional security screening.
Non-professional still cameras (digital or film) are allowed at Go-Go basketball games at Entertainment & Sports Arena. Non-professional lenses are generally defined as lenses less than 6”in length.
- Professional cameras (generally defined as a camera with a fixed or detachable lenses longer than 6″ or large lenses) are PROHIBITED.
- No flash photography is permitted, regardless of camera size.
- Video cameras, and taking of video with other devices, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to disallow cameras that, in the opinion of management, will be used to produce professionally marketed images.
- Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- Standing or positioning oneself in order to take pictures in a manner that obstructs the view or enjoyment of the event by others is not permitted.
- Please note that any and all camera bags are not permitted at Entertainment & Sports Arena as ESA has a strict no-bag policy.
- Accredited professional photographers are required to be credentialed and must check-in with our Communications team upon entering our Arena.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The National Basketball Association Development League, Capital City Go-Go, and Entertainment & Sports Arena are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports and entertainment experience. NBA G League fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players and fans respect and appreciate each other.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language and obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court will be immediately ejected from the arena.
- Guests will comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
The arena staff has been trained to intervene when necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard, or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to this Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection, without refund, and revocation of their season tickets. They may also be in violation of local ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
The NBA G League, Capital City Go-Go, and Entertainment & Sports Arena thank you for adhering to the provisions of the NBA G League Fan Code of Conduct.
The following items cannot be brought into the arena by spectators during any NBA G League game.
- Large Banners and Flags: Spectators are not permitted to use or wave flags, banners, signs or other items that are affixed to any pole or stick made of wood, metal, plastic or any other hard material, and that is more than 11 by 17 inches;
- Whistles and Horns – Whistles, foghorns/airhorns and plastic horns, such as vuvuzelas and didgeridoos;
- Laser Pointers – Laser pointers or any similar devices;
- Optical Illusions – Items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance, such as pin wheels or umbrellas;
- Weapons (including firearms, tasers/stun guns and knives of all sizes);
- Aerosol cans;
- Frisbees or inflated balls;
- Adhesive stickers;
- Cans or coolers;
- Confetti and streamers;
- Metal or glass containers of any kind (guests are allowed one empty, non-metallic bottle for use at the Arena water fountains/bottle refilling stations)
- Mace or Pepper Spray;
- Poles, staff, selfie sticks, missile-like objects that can be thrown;
- Tripods or monopods;
- Professional and/or commercial cameras with interchangeable detachable lenses;
- Audio/visual recording devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s);
- Backpacks (with the exception of single-compartment drawstring bags that meet the NBA G League bag-size requirements and media backpacks that have been screened at the media entrance);
- Hard-sided bags;
- Large umbrellas (small compact folding umbrella permitted);
- Wrapped gifts;
- Outside food and beverages;
- Pets (with the exception of service animals);
- Illegal substances and/or drug paraphernalia;
- Smoking, vape pens, etc. (The Entertainment & Sports Arena is a smoke free facility and smoking is not allowed anywhere in the arena);
- Arena Management reserves the right to confiscate items within the arena that may cause a danger or disruption to the event and/or other guests.
We reserve the right to confiscate items within the arena that may cause a danger or disruption to the event or to other guests.
These policies are put in place to provide a safe environment for the public. Thank you for understanding.