WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards’ NBA G League affiliate, announced today their 2018-19 regular season schedule, which will tip off on November 3 at the new Saint Elizabeths Arena against the Greensboro Swarm at 7:00 p.m.
Capital City will play 24 games in its new home in Ward 8, 17 of which will fall on the weekend (seven on Friday, seven on Saturday and three on Sunday). In addition to Capital City’s 24 home games and 24 road games, the team will also play in two games at the annual NBA G League Showcase (the NBA G League’s annual in-season scouting event, when all teams converge in one city to play in front of NBA general managers and player personnel executives from all 30 NBA teams). The dates, times and location for those games will be released at a later date. In addition, the team will host a camp day on Wednesday, February 26, where the game will tip off at 11:30 a.m. against the Lakeland Magic.
Capital City will have two home games that coincide with the Wizards’ home schedule, the fewest crossover games in the NBA G League. On December 29, the Go-Go will host the Long Island Nets at 7:00 p.m. while the Wizards host the Charlotte Hornets at the same time. The two teams will also share March 16, as Capital City will face Fort Wayne at 1:00 p.m. and the Wizards will play host to the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:00 p.m.
The Go-Go will be the 14th member of the NBA G League Eastern Conference and the fourth member of the Southeast Division – replacing the Delaware Blue Coats, who moved to the Atlantic Division. Capital City will face each of its fellow division members, the Swarm, Erie Bayhawks, and Lakeland Magic – four times this season, two each on the road and at home. The team will play three games each against the remaining 10 teams of the Eastern Conference, with the exception of the Wisconsin Herd, whom the Go-Go will play only twice (Capital City will host the Canton Charge, Delaware Blue Coats, Grand Rapids Drive, Fort Wayne Mad Ants and Long Island Nets twice and travel to each team once; they will travel twice to the Maine Red Claws, Raptors 305, Westchester Knicks and Windy City Bulls and host each team once).
Capital City will play two of the Western Conference divisions during the season. The Go-Go will host three teams from the Southwest Division: the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, Salt Lake City Stars and Texas Legends. The team will travel to the West Coast to play four members of Pacific Division, beginning on December 11 and 13 when they will play the Northern Arizona Suns and South Bay Lakers. The Go-Go will travel to Santa Cruz to face the Warriors on March 20 and conclude the season with a matchup against the Stockton Kings on March 23.
The Go-Go’s longest homestand is a three-game, five-day stretch from March 12–16, when the team will host the Erie Bayhawks and then the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for two games (March 14 and 16). The team’s longest road trip will take place from December 11-27, when they travel to Northern Arizona to face the Suns, then go to the South Bay Lakers and Windy City Bulls before having 11 days off for the NBA G League Showcase. Capital City will finish the road trip on December 27 with a trip to Westchester to face the Knicks.
Capital City will play in five back-to-backs this season, tied for the fewest in the league. The first will take place the second and third games of the season, as the team will travel to Long Island to face the Nets on November 8 before playing the Windy City Bulls the following night in D.C. The aforementioned series will be the team’s only away-home back-to-back. Of the other four back-to-backs, two will be home-away (Westchester and Delaware, February 12-13 and Greensboro and Erie, February 22-23), and one each of home-home (Maine and Wisconsin, January 18-19) and away-away (Maine and Canton, January 3 and 4).
For more information about full season ticket memberships and partial season ticket plans, please visit https://capitalcity.gleague.nba.com/2018-19-season-ticket-memberships/ or call the ticket sales office at (202) 864-4350.
PRESS RELEASE QUICK FACTS
- Go-Go season opener is at home vs. the Greensboro Swarm on Nov. 3 at 7:00 p.m.
- Capital City will play 17 of 24 home games on the weekend (Friday-Sunday) – seven on Friday, seven on Saturday and three on Sunday.
- The Go-Go will also host a camp day on Wednesday, February 26, where the game will tip off at 11:30 a.m. against the Lakeland Magic.
- All weekday & Saturday home games will tip off at 7:00 p.m. with the exception of camp day on February 26 (11:30 a.m.) and the crossover date with the Wizards on March 16 (1:00 p.m.).
- All Sunday home games will tip off at 3:00 p.m.
- The Go-Go will play five back-to-backs, tied for the fewest in the league and have two overlap dates with the Wizards (Dec. 29 and Mar. 16), the fewest in the league.
- The Go-Go will travel to Pacific Division, playing every team but the Agua Caliente Clippers and will host the Southwest Division, playing every team but the Austin Spurs.
- Capital City will travel over 21,000 miles throughout the season, which is 2,000 miles under the league average for the season.
- For more information about full season ticket memberships and partial season ticket plans, please visit https://capitalcity.gleague.nba.com/2018-19-season-ticket-memberships/ or call the ticket sales office at (202) 864-4350.