ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS ARENA
Entertainment & Sports Arena features world-class amenities with a viewing experience to match right in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Ward 8.
Home to the WNBA’s Washington Mystics and NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go since 2019, ESA already has a special place in D.C. sports fans’ hearts. The intimate feel of the 4,200 seat building has created an intimidating home court advantage. With seats so close to the action there isn’t a better arena in the NBA G League to watch a game.
Come join us in Congress Heights for unmatched, up-close basketball experience. We can’t wait to see you at ESA. Please take a moment to review ESA’s new health and safety protocols designed to keep fans, guest, employees, players and performers safe.
NO BAG POLICY IN EFFECT
In accordance with new safety and security guidelines, bags, backpacks and purses will not be permitted inside Entertainment & Sports Arena effective May 1, 2021.
Wallet-size clutches no larger than 5” x 7”, medical bags or parenting/diaper bags no larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″ are permitted. Any medical or parenting bags (child must be present) that are exempted are subject to security screening.
Due to COVD-19 protocols, there are no bag checks or bag storage locations available to the public at Entertainment & Sports Arena.
Guests who require entry with a purse/bag should plan to arrive early to allow time to go through the additional security screening.
Non-professional still cameras (digital or film) are allowed at Go-Go basketball games at Entertainment & Sports Arena. Non-professional lenses are generally defined as lenses less than 6”in length.
- Professional cameras (generally defined as a camera with a fixed or detachable lenses longer than 6″ or large lenses) are PROHIBITED.
- No flash photography is permitted, regardless of camera size.
- Video cameras, and taking of video with other devices, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to disallow cameras that, in the opinion of management, will be used to produce professionally marketed images.
- Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- Standing or positioning oneself in order to take pictures in a manner that obstructs the view or enjoyment of the event by others is not permitted.
- Please note that any and all camera bags are not permitted at Entertainment & Sports Arena as ESA has a strict no-bag policy.
- Accredited professional photographers are required to be credentialed and must check-in with our Communications team upon entering our Arena.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Events DC and the Entertainment and Sports Arena are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all patrons visiting this facility.
Patrons may be subject to ejection and loss of access to events without a refund of purchased tickets as a result of the following inappropriate and disruptive behavior:
- Directing obscene, profane or abusive language toward event participants, patrons, or staff
- Communicating obscene, profane or abusive displays on signs, clothing, or other visible representations; this includes chants, gestures, and other activity
- Indecent exposure or the wearing of obscene or indecent clothing
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Causing damage to arena property
- Smoking inside of the facility
- Possession or use of any illegal substance
- Scalping or other improper resale of tickets
- Interfering with or refusing security procedures
- Interfering with any operations related to the event
- Throwing any objects; onto the event floor, in the seating area, or on the concourse of the arena
- Failure to follow directions from arena staff regarding policies and emergency procedures
- Any other action warranting ejection and/or confiscation of event tickets by arena security
Entertainment & Sports Arena is a smoke free facility and smoking is not allowed anywhere in the arena. Vape Pens or similar are not allowed inside the arena and may be confiscated.
The above listed actions and any other activity deemed disruptive by arena staff will not be tolerated and may serve as grounds for removal. Additionally, by engaging in any of the above enumerated behavior or other disruptive behavior, persons may be subject to other actions including, but not limited to, debarment from the arena, arrest, and/or prosecution.
Other Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Adhesive stickers
- Cans or coolers
- Confetti and streamers
- Frisbees or inflated balls
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Large flags and banners
- Laser pointers
- Metal or glass containers of any kind (Guests are allowed one empty, non-metallic bottle for use at Arena water fountains/bottle refilling stations)
- Missile or projectile-like objects
- Monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
- Noisemakers of any kind (such as can operated air horns, sirens, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Outside food and beverages
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Poles and staffs (metal, plastic or wooden)
- Professional cameras with detachable zoom lenses and/or tripods
- Video camera and audio recording devices (including camcorders, GoPros, Contour cameras)
- Weapons of any kind (includes but not limited to guns, knives, mace, chains, spikes, projectiles, tasers, etc.)
- Wrapped gifts
Events DC reserves the right to confiscate items within the arena that may cause a danger or disruption to the event or to other guests.
These policies are put in place to provide a safe environment for the public. Thank you for understanding.